Looking for my original Clover guide? It’s still available right here.
Hackintosh Catalina Guide for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (OpenCore)
This build is “Vanilla”. I used this guide as a starting point.
See my Hardware List
What’s Working/What’s Not
- Onboard Audio (including digital audio)
- All USB ports at 3.x speed
- App Store
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi (via Broadcom adapter)
- Unlock with Apple Watch
- ALL DRMs:
- iTunes Movies (FairPlay 1.x)
- Netflix (FairPlay 2.x/3.x)
- Some Amazon Prime content, but not all. (FairPlay 2.x/3.x)
- Apple TV+ (FairPlay 4.x)
- Power Nap
Not Working (as expected)
- Built-in WIFI. This will very likely never work since it is the new Intel CNVi that macOS doesn’t support.
- Onboard Bluetooth. I disabled it (HS14) because I have a natively supported Broadcom BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT adapter anyways.
Not Yet Tested
Step By Step Instructions
My old Clover guide used to have Step by Step instructions but I decided not to write such instructions here for two reasons: it’s a pain to keep up to date, and I literally just followed the OpenCore Desktop Guide. When in doubt, just look at my KEXTs, drivers and config.list for guidance.
USB Port Map & SSDT
See USB_MAP.md for a map of all the ports on the Aorus z390 Master.
You are welcome to use my EFI folder. However, make sure you set the following: