Dell XPS13 9300
OpenCore Version: 0.6.2
BIOS Version : 1.2.0
macOS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 / Big Sur 11.0.1
|CPU – i7-1065G7||Working – Applying voltageshift for better performance|
|GPU – Iris Plus Graphics G7||Working – Appple GUC firmwire|
|Screen||Working – 1920×1200 Non-touch|
|RAM||Working – On Board 16G|
|SSD||Working – 2TB|
|Audio||Working – headphones jack need to be fixed by combojack|
|Wireless||Working – wifi / handoff|
|Bluetooth||Working – airpods pro / apple watch|
|SD card reader||Working|
|USB 3.x / USB 2.0||Working – usb3.1 10Gbps|
|HotKeys||Working – mute F1, volume F2/F3, keyboard brightness F5, brightness F6/F7, disable trackpad F10|
|Laptop KeyBoard||Working – PS2|
|Laptop Trackpad||Working – Turn off force touch in System Preferences->trackpad(#6)|
|Sleep||Working – S3 sleep|
|Thunderbolt 3||Partialy working – hotplug not working|
|Fingerprint Sensor||Not working|
For the fisrt install. Boot with EFI_big_sir_boot first. It will take a long time to install Big Sur. So, please be patient. After boot into the system, then replace EFI_big_sir_boot with EFI. Finally, make sure to change Airportitlwm to big sur version.
DO NOT RESTART thinking you’re stuck, this will take quite some time(16mins) to complete, otherwise you’ll break your installation.
Thanks to 宪武. He has done a lot of works on 4k display. But still, there are some problems need to be fixed. Please read the instruction first and confirm your cpu model. If your cpu model is not i5-1035G1. You’ll need to change your device proverties in config.
- SATA Operation : AHCI
- Enable MediaCard : check Enable SD Card (Do not check SD card Boot, it will cause SD card kext fail to load.)
- Fastboot : Thorough
- Secure Boot
- TPM2.0 Security On
- Intel SGX
- Wake on AC
- Wake on Dell USB-C Dock
- Power On Lid Open
- Sign Of Life : Early Logo Display / Early keyboard backlight
- VT for Direct I/O
- Fingerprint reader
- cfg lock : DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! It may brick your laptop.
Disable CFG lock
For people who want better cpu performance(undervolt, modify PL1,PL2) need to unlock their cfg lock.
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! It may brick your laptop.
Follow the guide at : https://github.com/Not-a-true-statement/Hackintosh-OC-XPS-13-9300
- thunderbolt hotplug not working
- usb-c to hdmi/DP not working
- remove fakepciid and improve the stability of AppleALC
- update Big Sur version
- fix the screen brightness is unusually low after sleep
- improve 4k disaplay’s backlight.
- fix secound sleep fail issue, sleep/wake now working perfectly (By testing, battery drop 3~4% overnight)
- fix poor sound quailty issue by applying combojack
- undervolt cpu, and modify PL1, PL2 make significant improve on CPU performance.(geekbench5 score original : 12xx/33xx, now : 12xx/43xx)