Hackintosh For MSI X399, AMD 1950X CPU and AMD Vega 64 GPU.
- TR 1950X: The main model this configuration was developed with and for.
- Other 1st gen TRs: Compatible in theory. Not tested.
- Other 2nd gen TRs Compatible in theory. Not tested.
A few required or otherwise useful steps to take on a running macOS:
Using your own serial number
Just generate a new set with OpenCore Configurator and you’re good to go (suggested SMBIOS is iMac Pro 2017 and Mac Pro 2019)
In keyboard settings, select the modifier keys option, and switch
cmd (win) with
CPU: ThreadRipper 1950X
MB: MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon with Latest BIOS
GPU: Radeon RX Vega 64 Reference Design
SSD: Intel SSD 750 1.2T
Tested OS (with latest EFI):
- macOS High Sierra √
- macOS Mojave ?
- macOS Catalina √
- macOS Big Sur √
- Full hardware acceleration (refer to the Dortania guides if you’re not using Vega series GPU)
- USB ports
- CPU Temperature and voltage/wattage reading via SMCAMDProcessor
What’s not yet working
- Things don’t work on other AMD Vanillas don’t work here
What will never* work
- Things never work on other AMD Vanillas never work here
* Not unless someone decides to make custom kexts for these, of course.