The aim of this repo is to enable macOS on HP EliteBook G6, regardless variant is 830, 840 or 850 with Intel based 8th Generation processor (i5 or i7). This model gone in a blackhole among too many EliteBook series with fully funcational Hachintosh
I beleive most close model for EliteBook 840 G6 is MacBookPro15,2 and that’s the target your should be used in installation instructions as per explained below in this guide.
ProperTree, GenSMBIOS and macinfo
OpenCore 0.6.6 EFI is the replacement of legacy Clover with its issues and panics. I tested both and I am more into OpenCore.
### EFI Contains Boot and OC folders ### Boot Contains standard BOOTx64.efi ### OC Contains standard hierarchy of OpenCore including necessary drivers, tools, ACPI (which is the main chanllenge here) and kexts used (not all loaded to avoid conflic)
Deleted files until finishing SSDT patching
Contains extracted DSDT from HP EliteBook 840 G6 (Windows 10) and some patched SSDT, still many work to do
- Startup Menu Delay(sec.) = 0 - Fast Boot uncheck - CD-ROM Boot uncheck - USB Storage Boot checked - Network (PXE) Boot unchecked - Power On When AC Detected unchecked - Power On When Lid is Opened unchecked - Prompt on Battery Errors checked - Prompt of Memory Size Change checked - Prompt on Fixed Storage Change checked - Audio Alerts During Boot checked - NumLock on at Boot unchecked - UEFI Boot Order checked - Legacy Boot Order checked
- Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot = Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable
- Turbo Boost checked - Hyperthreading checked - Multi-processor checked - Virtualization Technology (VTx) uncheck - Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VTd) unchecked - Swap Fn and Ctrl (keys) unchecked - Launch Hotkeys without Fn Keypress unchecked - Enable Turbo Boost on DC unchecked
- Embedded LAN Controller checked - Wake on LAN disabled - Video memory size 64MB - Audio Device checked - Integrated Microphone checked - Internal Speakers checked - Lock Wireless Button unchecked - Wireless Network Device (WLAN) checked - Bluetooth checked - LAN / WLAN Auto Switching disabled - Fan Always on while on AC Power unchecked - Fan Quiet Mode unchecked - Backlit keyboard timeout 10 sec. (if found) - Integrated Camera checked - Fingerprint Device unchecked - NFC checked (if found)
- Left USB Ports checked - Right USB Ports checked - Right USB Port1 checked - Right USB Port2 checked - USB Charging Port Function checked - Disable Charging Port in sleep/off if battery below (%) = 10 - Media Card Reader checked - Smart Card unchecked - Smart Card Power Savings unchecked - M2 SSD1 checked - SATA1 checked - Restrict USB Devices = Allow all USB Devices
- Configure Option ROM Launch Policy = All Legacy
- Runtime Power Management checked - Extended Idle Power States checked - Deep Sleep checked - Wake when Lid is Opened checked Wake on USB unchecked - Power Control unchecked
IMPORTANT! If you want to install macOS, you need to change property ScanPolicy to 0 along with ShowPicker to true in EFI/OC/config.plist otherwise you don’t see BaseSystem option in OpenCore boot menu!
If you have experience or willing to enable Hackintosh on HP EliteBook G6 or can share knowledge, please feel free to make this thing working.
Release date: Feburary 12, 2021