This repository is UNMAINTAINED as it uses Clover Bootloader and might not work with future versions of MacOS (11.0).
Consider switching over to OpenCore Bootloader as it provides much better performance improvements over Clover Bootloader
For OpenCore Bootloader with MacOS Big Sur Support, Visit this Repo.
Supports MacOS 10.15.x, 10.14.x and 10.13.x
- Geekbench Score :
- Single-Core Score : 4219 Link.
- Multi-Core Score : 14837 Link.
- GPU OpenCL Score : 31191 Link.
If you don’t have any compatible WiFi card installed, then please visit without-wifi-patches(BCM94352Z) Branch of this repo.
- Security → Set supervisor password (to disable secure boot)
- Security → Password on boot → Disable
- Boot → Secure Boot → Disable
- Boot → Boot Mode → UEFI
- Main → Touchpad → Set touchpad mode → Advance
- Main → Lid Open resume → Enabled
- Create a Bootable USB for MacOS by using my USB Installation Guide OR by RehabMan’s [Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover.
- Install MacOS to SSD / Hard drive. (While installing, connect USB keyboard and mouse because I2C is not supported during installation)
- Install Clover Bootloader into SSD / hard drive.
- Copy ALL the Contains of this Repo into CLOVER Folder inside the EFI partition of SSD / Hard drive.
- [IMPORTANT] Make sure to Generate system definitions of MacBook pro 15.2 in config.plist file using Clover Configurator or else MacOS will not Boot! You can find Tutorial about it Here.
- Disable Hibernation : Hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh. it could cause problems if you don’t disable it.
$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
$ sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
$ sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
$ sudo pmset -a standby 0
$ sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
- If you have Installed MacOS on SSD, Enable TRIM using following command:
- To fix the cracking sound from headphones, please see ALCPlugFix.
⭐ Please consider starring this repository if it helped you! ⭐
- Audio : The Sound Card is
Realtek ALC255, which is driven by
- CPU : The CPU model is
i5-8250U and XCPM power management is natively supported.
- XCPM and HWP are recommended to work together to reach better power management, by injecting
SSDT-XCPM, and using
- Graphics : The iGPU is
Intel UHD Graphics 620, and its enabled using
- The discrete dGPU is
NVIDIA GeForce MX150, and it is disabled because macOS doesn’t support optimus technology. Plus battery life is much improved.
- The colour branding or corrupted colour depth is fixed with Intel Skylake spoof and EDID fix.
- Native brightness hotkey support using
- Battery : Battery Management using
- Backlight : Native Brightness control using
- Ethernet : Gigabit Ethernet using
- HDMI : Intel Framebuffer patches to change the connector-type to match the physical connector, using
- HDMI Audio : Injecting property
"hda-gfx" = "onboard-1" on HDAU, IGPU, HDEF objects & also injecting
layout-id 3 on HDAU to match layout-id on HDEF.
- Touchpad : Native I2C touchpad support using
VoodooI2C.kext; Set touchpad Mode to
BIOS & All gestures will work fine.
- USB : Custom
SSDT-UIAC.aml SSDT for
USBInjectAll.kext that configures USB ports on XHC such that the port limit patch is not needed, and each UsbConnnector value is correct for each port.
- You can also find USB port mapping for
- Wi-Fi : Stock WiFi Card is
Atheros QCA9377 It is not supported on MacOS.
- Best Choice will be to replace current Card with
BCM94352Z which has WiFi+BT, or . You can find it on AliExpress for like $20-30. I Have already changed my current WiFi card with
BCM94352Z (Lenovo's 04x6020).
BCM94352Z card comes from 2 manufacturer called:
- DELL – mainly called
DW1560 – has
A key NGFF notch – much expensive
- Lenovo – mainly called
04x6020 – has
E key NGFF notch – not so expensive
- The Dell’s
DW1560 is much expensive and is only recommended for laptops with
A key NGFF notch & also laptops which have whitelisted cards from certain vendors.
- On the other hand Lenovo’s
E key NGFF notch and is much cheaper than
- This laptop supports both & you are free to choose between the two.
- Keep in mind, this laptop uses M.2(NGFF) Socket with A+E Key. Half size card won’t work.
- Config.plist is already patched for
BCM943602BAED & added kexts for BT as well.
- Bluetooth : Stock
Atheros QCA9377 BT will work out-of-the box, But you can’t turn it off because BT power management is not supported;
- To Fix this you’ll have to get a MacOS compatible WiFi+BT card. The best choice will be
BCM94352Z which has WiFi+BT.
- SD Card Reader : Internal SD Card Support using Modified Sinetek’s rtsx Driver.