Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro i7-9700K RX580
This repository is exclusively designed for Aorus Z390 Pro i7-9700K RX580 to run Catalina 10.15.X with no hassle. However, due to the time constraint, a step by step installation guide won’t be covered in this guide. For more information (regarding installation), please check [Guide] Creating OSX Installer by Rehabman or installing Mojave 10.15.x with Etcher.
- Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro (M.2 Key B * 2 + PCIe 3.0 x16 * 2 + PCIe2.0 x16 *1)
- Intel i7-9700K (4.9GHz GHz No OC, SMBIOS iMac19,1)
- OpenCore (0.6.1)
- Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 (250w TDP, highly recommended)
- Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz 8G * 2 (Overclocked to 3200MHz)
- WD Black 2018/PC SN720 NVMe 1T SSD
- **Sapphire VEGA56 ** (VBIOS flashed to VEGA64, BruceX 5K Apple Res 422 Master Exporting time 4s, connected to 27′ 4K monitor via a DP-DP cable)
- Apple BCM94360CD Wi-Fi/Bluetooth + M.2 NGFF Key A+E Adapter
- USB3.1 Gen2 to PCIe Card (ASM1142 chip-based)
- dGPU Hardware Accelaration (Final Cut Pro X, VideoProc, Compressor tested)
- AirDrop, Handoff (Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth required)
- SideCar (the same as above )
- iMessage (SystemProductName, SystemSerialNumber, MLB, SystemUUID, are required, see Fixing iServices)
- All Rear USB3.1 USB2.0 Type-C/Type-A Ports (few USB2.0 ports disabled)
- HDMI Audio (Sound Control is required to adjust volume)
- Onboard HD Audio (Realtek alc892, layout id: 1)
- USB 3.1 Gen2 (may require a USB3.1 Gen2 to PCIe Card, i.g. ASM1142 chip-based)
- H264/H265 HW Encode/Decode Supported
- Netflix (1080P) with Safari Supported (using boot-arg
shikigva=80 and set
Automatioc Platform (iMac19,1 SMBIOS not iMacPro1,1 nor MacPro7,1) to
- Both Sidecar and DRM Content playback are supported individually, but Safari (playing DRM contents) will turn to Black Screen while using Sidecar. Fortunately, there is a dummy solution for that, see pinned issue.
Hibernation might not work as expected or should be disabled for better stability.
- Future deployment may involve a
GC-Titian-Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe adapter card.
- Investigation into KVM-Opencore solution to have full performace of macOS and Windows simultaneously.
1. BIOS Firmware and Settings
2. macOS Installation
3. Fixing iServices
4. Dual Boot (Windows)
- Add VEGA56/VEGA64 (turbo fan) VBIOS with GOP updated to fixed stretched Apple logo.
- Add wiki pages
- Update README