Note: You’re nothing but an a-hole if you sell EFI folder (config) that’s readily available for free.
Gigabyte B150M-VP Skylake Hackintosh Guide
EFI Folder (Clover) and config required for an Gigabyte B150M-VP and Skylake i5-6600K macOS High Catalina Hackintosh. This is a test set-up and I won’t tweak this build or update the repo for the latest versions of Clover or macOS.
System Specs (Temp. Build)
||Intel® Core™ i5-6600K Processor
||RX 580 4B (AMD OEM)
||Team Elite 8GB DDR4-2400Mhz
||Basic Intel CPU Cooler
||128GB NVMe SSD (macOS), 256GB SSD (Windows 10), 1TB HDD (Shared Storage)
- Proceed with caution.
- Tested on macOS Catalina 10.15.2.
- EFI folder is N/A for Opencore bootloader. Go ahead though, if you know what you’re doing.
- Applicable for direct upgrade from High Sierra or Mojave.
- The EFI folder is applicable to SSD hot-swap also. ie, if you’re planning to swap SSD from a MacBook Pro to ThinkPad 530.
Before You Proceed
You should modify the EFI (a lot) if your system specs are different. Ethernet isn’t working for me for the time being. Downgrading Clover would fix that. But I use a nano-USB adapter for WiFi. I’m content with that. Everything else should work out of the box if you have the specs as mine.
If things go south, use the clover settings from Hackintosher’s ASUS Z170 EFI Pack. But then you’ve to tweak settings a bit more.
Catalina with latest Clover update broke my LAN. I use a WiFi adapter for the time being. I added Realtek WLAN kexts (RtWlanU & RtWlanU1827) to use with the Comfast USB Wi-Fi adapter. You should edit the config. according to your preferences.
- Disable secure boot
- OS Type -> Other OS
- Enable UEFI by default
- Disable iGPU (Assuming that you own a dGPU)
What Doesn’t Work?
- Ethernent (for the time being). I use a WiFi adapter, so no plans to fix that soon.
- iMessage & Facetime.(it’ll work after SMBIOS edits)
How to create a bootable macOS Catalina USB install drive? (on MacOS)
Refer to this guide from 9to5mac
How to create a bootable macOS Catalina USB install drive? (on Windows)
- Install Transmac on a Windows machine. It has a 15-day trial period and works flawlessly flashing DMG files to USB.
- Download the latest MacOS 10.15.2 with clover DMG file from here or other sources you come across Google SERP.
- Download the EFI folder from this repo.
- Download Clover Configurator for macOS (latest version).
- Connect a 16 GB USB flash drive.
- Open Transmac. In the left pane, right-click the USB Drive and select Format Disk for Mac
- Again in the left pane, right-click the USB Drive and select Restore with Disk Image. Then select the DMG file I mentioned in (2). Flashing process will take a few minutes depending on the size of .dmg and speed/port of the USB drive.
- Install DiskGenius.
- Locate the USB drive in DiskGenius. Delete the EFI folder and replace it with the new EFI folder.
- Plug the USB drive into the PC and boot from USB.
- Format the disk drive to APFS, install macOS Catalina, and restart the system.
- Connect Hackintosh system to the Internet via USB tethering or a Mac-compatible external WiFi adapter.
- Download & install Clover Configurator on MacOS. Open EFI partition and copy -> paste the the EFI folder once more.
- You may use Karabiner-Elements if the keyboard mappings (command and option) are acting up.
All the best.
Support if you’d like by referring my resume or donating through PayPal, Phonepe, or Alipay.