Clover for DELL OptiPlex 7040 with Skylake CPU & GPU
Only fix the Graphics by Bios hack, Ethernet, USB, and sound card with AppleALC, but, is enough! Less is more.
Test with DELL OptiPlex 7040 which using i7-6700, Intel HD Graphics 530, Intel I219LM2 Ethernet, macOS 10.14.
- I extract the BIOS.rom by AMI Flasher utility.
- I unlock the MSR 0xE2 from here. [https://github.com/acidanthera/AptioFixPkg]>
- I modity the DVMT to 96MB by [https://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3/]
- For OptiPlex 7040 the CFG lock address is 0xAF, so “setup_var 0xAF 0x0” to Disable CFG lock(MSR 0xE2)
- DVMT Pre-Allocated address is 0x350, so “setup_var 0x350 0x3” to set 96MB 中文教程
- Note: the DVMT & CFG lock fixup will lose after set BOIS to factory default!
If you don’t want to fix the BIOS, you can just using the WhateverGreen hotpatch by just using CLOV