2+ Month review
- working everyday without any problems.
- Put it to sleep eveyday it wakes up next morning.
- Never crashed (yet 🙂
- It works just fine
Was it worth it compared to buying a normal Apple device? This table can give you an idea, but for me it was. At least for the time being
||500GB NVME 16GB RAM
||512GB NVME 16GB RAM
- Wifi with BCM9460CS2
- HDMI PORT
- DP PORT
- On-Board Rear Audio
- HDMI audio from the iGPU – no clue how to make it work, if you figure out please let me know 🙂
- Well I have no ideia if iMessage and those sort of things are working because I dont use them.
- dGPU as I dont use any.
- USB Type-C port speed, works fine with an Type-A to Type-C adapter though.
- Front panel audio
- OpenCore 0.6.3
- MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29)
- SMBios: IMac20,1 (opencore recomendation for comet lake)
- Beaware the USBMap.kext that I mapped using the USBMapTool disables all from usb headers. If you need them. Replace this with InjectUSBAll and do the proper mapping using the USBMapTool. I will probably change this as soon as I get a new case.
Update to Big Sur.
I downloaded the full installation with the gibmacos to prepare an usb drive just in case. In the end just opened with installer from within Catalina and followed the steps, 35min later everything was working perfectly. No need to do any change.