ASUS TP412FA EFI System Partition (ESP)
This repository contains files and folder inside the EFI System Partition (ESP) on my ASUS TP412FA-EC302T notebook. This ESP contains OpenCore and other UEFI tools to boot to the operating systems I used, which are mainly macOS. Other operating systems, like Windows or Linux, are also supported with this OpenCore configuration.
The OpenCore configuration used in this ESP is tightly linked with my machine’s BIOS firmware version and configuration. Any attempts to use this ESP —even on the same exact brand, model, hardware configuration, and BIOS firmware version— are not guaranteed to work as well as describe here.
List of Contents
Specification of ASUS TP412FA-EC302T
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8145U (Whiskey Lake)
- Chipset: Intel® Cannon Point-LP
- Integrated Graphic: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Discrette Graphic: None
- Memory: 1 x 4 GB DDR4 2400MHz SDRAM (on-board)
- Storage: 1 x Intel 660P SSD 512GB PCIe® Gen3 x2 M.2
- Audio: Realtek ALC256
- Wi-Fi: Intel Wireless-AC 9560
- Touchpad: ELAN1300 I2C Interface
- Touchscreen: ELAN2097 I2C Interface
- Biometric: ELAN Fingerprint Reader
- Screen Size: 14 inches
- Native Display Resolution: 1920×1080
- Input/Output (I/O):
- 1 x Intel USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type C)
- 1 x Intel USB 3.0 (Type A)
- 2 x Intel USB 2.0 (Type A)
- 1 x Intel HDMI out
- 1 x Realtek SD card reader
- 1 x AC adapter plug
- 1 x Combo audio jack
- 1 x Volume up/down button
- Battery: 3 cells polymer battery, 42 Watthours
- BIOS Version: TP412FA.310
This ESP contains OpenCore version 0.7.6. The boot mode used is UEFI with CSM disabled on GUID Partition Table (GPT) storage scheme.
UEFI Drivers Used
These are the UEFI drivers used by OpenCore.
[OS] macOS (Hackintosh)
This ESP contains OpenCore configured to run the following macOS, including what are works and what are not works.
SMBIOS and Supported macOS
This OpenCore configuration only support macOS Big Sur (11) (limited by APFS minimal version and minimal date).
MacBookPro15,4 is used as the SMBIOS of this configuration. Limited by SMBIOS, however, the possible macOS version supported ranges from macOS Mojave (10.15.4) up to the current macOS Monterey (12).
If support for macOS Catalina (10.15) and earlier is required, set the APFS minimal version and minimal date to the target macOS (the configuration value is available on OpenCore official documentation).
Works on macOS
Not Works / Problems on macOS
macOS Kernel Extensions (Kext) Used
OpenCore loads the kernel extensions with a configured order. Unless specified, this kernel extensions are loaded for macOS Mojave (10.14) up to the latest macOS Monterey (12).
- AX88179-178A (for macOS Big Sur and later)
- AX88179-178A-Legacy (for macOS Catalina and earlier)
- NoTouchID (for macOS Mojave only)
- AirportItlwm_Mojave (for macOS Mojave only)
- AirportItlwm_Catalina (for macOS Catalina only)
- AirportItlwm_BigSur (for macOS Big Sur only)
- AirportItlwm_Monterey (for macOS Monterey only)
[OS] Other Operating Systems
OpenCore is configured to support other operating systems as well. Tested on Windows 11, all components are working okay.