Install macOS on your 8.5th gen HP Elite X2 tablets.
Latest BIOS with 128M DVMT. Secure Boot, Wake on * & Power Control Disabled
- i5 8365U, 8G, 256G, 2Kx1K: The main model this configuration was developed with and for. I use 128M DVMT for best compatibility.
- Other CPU/ Memory Config: Compatible in theory. Not tested.
- 3Kx2K Compatible in theory. Not tested.
A few required or otherwise useful steps to take on a running macOS system on your Elite X2:
Using your own serial number
Just generate a new set with OpenCore Configurator and you’re good to go
Disabling Power-related Settings
In order to achieve a stable sleep, you’re responsible of disabling the following:
- Power Nap (if available)
- Wake for Internet Access
- tcpkeepalive (hint:
sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0)
In keyboard settings, select the modifier keys option, and switch
cmd (win) with
Use Grab Scroll in
- Full hardware acceleration
- Battery reading and charging recognition
- CPU Temperature and voltage/wattage reading
- Internal Wi-Fi via OpenIntelWireless (Big Sur Support, 802.11ac)
- Bluetooth via OpenIntelWireless
- Back Camera
- DP alt mode output
What’s not yet working but could potentially be fixed
- Thunderbolt 3
- Native OpenCore Windows DualBoot (for now please use OpenCore MOD: https://gitee.com/btwise/OpenCore_NO_ACPI)
- Sometimes the screen boots with no brightness control, making it very dim. A reboot should fix that problem, and I have no thoughts of what leads to it.
What’s not yet working and you shouldn’t expect them to work any time soon
- Touchpad full gesture support
- Volume Buttons
- Front Camera
What will never* work
- Windows Hello IR
* Not unless someone decides to make custom kexts for these, of course.
https://github.com/kodowiec/HP-Elitebook-x360-1040-G6-Opencore for providing HP 8.5th gen specific SSDT and hotpatchs
https://github.com/acai66/lenovo-miix-520-hackintosh for providing trackpad fix