ASUS Z170-DELUXE – i7-6700K – HD 530 & RX 5700 – [From macOS El Capitan 10.11.6 to Big Sur 11 – Windows 10]
Clover EFI for ASUS Z170-Deluxe – macOS Big Sur
macOS Install Instructions
For specs, notes, other informations see the linked Insanelymac guide
- Create a macOS USB Installer with any method you now.
- Mount your USB’s EFI and paste my CLOVER and BOOT folder from my bootpack folder to it
- On Windows you can mount your USB’s EFI with MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Open MiniTool, select your USB drive’s EFI partition, right click, select “Change Letter”, Click OK, Apply, OK
- After that you can manage the EFI using Explorer++ in administrator mode
- On macOS you can use Terminal to mount, or use EFI Mountain Snow.app to mount your USB EFI
- If there is no EFI folder inside the EFI partition you need to create that first
- After finished, next step is to boot the Installer USB
- I suggest to boot with config_debug.plist because if anything will go wrong you’ll see the logs of what causing that.
- In Clover press NUM 0 or select “Options” below the partitions, select “Configs”, then select “config_debug.plist”
- Install macOS
- Don’t forget to boot from your USB after restarts
- If you install Big Sur boot from Preboot only!
- After installing you need to mount your USB’s EFI and your System Drive’s EFI then copy the CLOVER and BOOT folder to your System Drive’s EFI
- (again, if there is no EFI folder, you need to create it first)
- Unmount and remove your USB Installer and restart your system
- Open up your config.plist with Clover Configurator.app, on SMBIOS tab, generate new SMBIOS, then you can log-in to iServices now